Information Session for the Outdoor Leadership Program. We will be discussing:
1. The Outdoor Leadership Class (offered in spring)
2. Outdoor Leadership Certification
3. How to enroll in one or both above options
4. How to progress through the program and get CERTIFIED!
A little background...
Through the Outdoor Leadership Program, student leaders become prepared for outdoor leadership positions as well as other leadership roles on campus. This training helps prepare students for leadership opportunities in professional work settings, community engagement, and volunteer work. An Outdoor Leadership Certification is offered for students who successfully complete the program.
Benefits of Certification
• Training... opportunities
• Inclusion in co-curricular transcript
• Paid guiding opportunities through the OEC
• Preference given for other on-campus leadership opportunities (e.g., OA leaders, OEC staff)
• Credit toward the 4/7 Leadership Program
• Pro-Deals on discounted gear purchases
• Summer job and graduate school recommendations
• Free training opportunities – kayaking, climbing, medical certs…
How to Enroll
1. Email OEC@pomona.edu or email@example.com to express interest in enrollment
2. Attend Certification information session (Dec 2 @ 7PM)
3. Become member of the OEC collegiatelink page and OEC facebook page